*NEW* Vet2Vet Telephone Conference
Thursday August 28, 2014
6:30 - 7:30 P.M.
TOPIC: Overcoming Life's Challenges
We all face various challenges in life which may include:
* Health Issues * Financial Stress *Marital / Family
*Unemployment * Substance Abuse * Physical Injuries
* Issues of Aging * Military and other Traumas
Join us on the call to learn resiliency, and join with a team of veterans to provide peer support and encouragement!
This special conference call is designed for:
* Older Veterans for whom travel to meetings / events is difficult
* Younger Veterans with employment / family responsibilities
*Veterans who may not feel comfortable in face-to-face settings
* Any veteran looking for additional support
HOW TO JOIN THE CALL: (No Pre-registration is necessary)
- At 6:30 p.m. Call(866) 740-1260
- When asked for the PIN please enter 4892322 then #
- Vet2Vet Staffwill initiate the call
- Calls are anonymous – You will only be asked to provide: First Name, Military Branch, the Era you served, and Hometown.
VHALI BUSINESS MEETING
Monday September 15, 2014 10:00 a.m. - Noon
Mental Health Association of Nassau County
16 Main St. Hempstead
TOPIC: Use of Social Media by Veteran Job Seekers
The proper use of Social Media can no longer be considered optional by veteran job seekers. Facebook, Linked In and Twitter accounts are now closely scrutinized by employers. We will be having a consultant provide an overview as to how veterans can properly use social media to increase their chances of obtaining employment.
**** COMING THIS FALL - "Caring for Aging Veterans and their Caregivers" Conference. Saturday October 25, 2014. (8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.) Farmingdale State College (Details TBA)
*** COMING THIS FALL - "Narcan Training" Wednesday November 12, 2014 (Details TBA)
*** SAVE THE DATE: March 17th, 2015 - 3rd Annual Veterans Mental Health Conference (Adelphi University)
SUMMER / FALL 2014
ADVANCED TRAINING FOR MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIANS WORKING WITH VETERANS
Registration Closed - Thank you!
Through a generous grant from the Long Island Community Foundation the Veterans Health Alliance is be providing "scholarships" to a series of "Evidenced
Based Practices". Remaining
classes in the series are:
PROLONGED EXPOSURE: Tuesday September 30, 2014 +
Wednesday October 1, 2014
(Both Days 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
COGNITIVE PROCESSING THERAPY: Thursday November 20, 2014 +
Friday November 21, 2014
(Both days 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
ASSESSING SUICIDE AND MANAGING SUICIDE RISK:
Monday January 5, 2015 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.